Please acknowledge by clicking the "I Agree" button at the bottom of the page.
- Please respect your colleagues by maintaining our collegial, professional atmosphere. DO NOT FORWARD ILTA DISCUSSION FORUM OR BLOG POSTS to anyone outside of your own organization. For our virtual events, participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space. If you are the recipient of a message that is in violation of any of our rules, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (512) 795-4660 so that appropriate action can be taken. All messages must add to the body of knowledge.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal commentary or materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in an e-group message or an ILTA-hosted blog that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Be mindful of your employer’s policies about blogging or posting in social media.
- Do not post commercial messages or messages pertaining to a political cause.
- Do not contact members directly with unsolicited sales information.
- When discussing products, services or vendors, refrain from discussing pricing, comments are subject to antitrust laws. Familiarize yourself with ILTA’s comprehensive Antitrust Compliance Policy.
- When discussing products, services or vendors, please speak factually and objectively. Comments are subject to libel and slander laws.
- Commentary is allowed as it pertains to the issue being discussed. Personal remarks regarding the sender are not permitted. Commentary should not reflect a person’s preference for or against a specific party, group, cause or movement.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate forums Do not spam several forums with the same message.
- ILTA reserves the right to reject or remove any posting for any reason.
Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Identify yourself fully in your signature line. If posting through the Web interface, we have enabled a templated signature block that links to your membership credentials.
- Only send a message to the entire forum when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire forum. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me” through the forum. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to unsubscribe. You can also contact our community administrator, Jeanne Martinez.
Photos, Images and Content Posted as Attachments
In utilizing the social networking aspects of ILTA’s forums, blogs, etc., we encourage you to include a photo of yourself in your profile. Please provide a recent headshot of yourself that you would use for distribution within your own firm or legal department. All photos, images and files attached to messages must comply to our policies and standards and must not be offensive in any way.
The poster warrants that any content posted as an attachment:
- Is material to which the author owns the rights and freely provides to us for publication;
- Has no liens or other legal actions pending against the material;
- Is original work and free from any plagiarism or intent thereof;
- Contains proper citation or attribution for any information or references in the material to works of others.
The Legal Stuff
Discussion forums are provided by ILTA solely for the use of its members (please note that various forums allow participation by non-members, and those are labeled appropriately), and the electronic messages that appear on ILTA's discussion forums and blogs are for informational purposes only. Any message posted represents the opinion of the author but does not represent the opinion of ILTA or its member entities. ILTA does not accept responsibility for the content or the opinions expressed in any message posted, and the reader should not accept the opinion posted there as professional advice.
ILTA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on its forums and blogs, whether posted by ILTAs volunteers, staff, members or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ILTA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on its forums or blogs.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ILTA the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; commissions; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection or termination of customers or suppliers.
ILTA monitors all forums and blogs for inappropriate postings, though ILTA does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ILTA's attention, ILTA will take all appropriate action.
ILTA reserves the right to terminate access to any subscriber who does not abide by these guidelines.
There are specific consequences for violation of our rule that prohibits forwarding of messages. Every reasonable effort will be expended to determine the forwarder. If it can be determined that the sender acted with full knowledge and in violation of our rules, ILTA may take action, including removing the forwarder from the forum(s). Repeated violations may result in actions up to and including removal from ILTA membership.
More Legal Stuff
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
ILTA is providing information and services on this site as a benefit and service in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt status. This information and these services are provided without a warranty of any kind. ILTA expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of suitability or fitness for a particular purpose. ILTA does not warrant that the information and/or services will meet your specific requirements, and the entire risk as to the accuracy of the information and performance of the services is with you. The materials in this site are provided "as is," and ILTA does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the result of the use of the material in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability or otherwise.
Information on any ILTA site is provided with the understanding that ILTA is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
ANTITRUST COMPLIANCE POLICY
You agree to comply with the policy established by ILTA in its avoidance of activities related to antitrust violations. Review the policy and your role here: ILTA's Antitrust Compliance Policy
The material in this site could include technical inaccuracies, typographical errors or omissions. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.